Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Review: Even When I'm Gone - Nicole Fiorina

Even When I'm Gone Even When I'm Gone by Nicole Fiorina
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars

OMG, I think this book has broken me! Starting from the cliff-hanger that we were left with in book one, this book takes you right to the edge of Mia and Ollie’s relationship with, it seems a new addition! Mia has really grown on me as a character as she just rubbed me up the wrong way for most of the first book. Yet, having seen what she has been through to get to this point, I can only salute her as a strong, female character. Whilst Ollie’s character seems to have done a 180 in his emotional range which was really interesting to read, especially when you find out the reasons why this has happened.

There is just so much angst, emotions, highlighting of mental illness in this novel. It is descriptive and honest in how it portrays those who are suffering and how sometimes life can just be hard! Add into the fact that were reading a book about teenagers and you have this huge mix-up of raw emotion. You see the story through duel POV’s which really adds to the overall reading experience, especially when a character does or says something and you need to understand why.

There are a lot of complex characters in this novel, with a few new additions and some of the old gang from book 1, but to understand it all, you’re going to have to go to book 1: Stay with Me to understand how characters have gotten to this point and then wait for book 3, to understand how it’s all going to end.

So, if you’re looking for a book that is going to torture you emotionally whilst leaving you wanting more, then this series is for you. Kudos Ms. Fiorina!

ARC received for a fair and honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment