Monday, October 7, 2019

Review: Aries - Gemma James

Aries Aries by Gemma James
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars

Gemma James is new to me as an author, but I have to say I feel like I’ve been missing out. This book is intriguing as it is going to be 12 books in the series, with Aries being the first one and my does it start off with a bang. Innocent Novalee is to have an arranged marriage but first she must spend a month with each brother from the Zodiac Brotherhood. This first installment starts her off with Chancellor Liam (Aries), although the other brothers do show up. To be honest I am immensely intrigued by Sebastian and can’t wait for that installment.

The relationship between Novalee and Liam runs both hot and cold as Liam tries to keep his distance from her. Novalee comes across as a really head-strong, independent young woman and it will be interesting o see how her character develops over the next few books. There was definitely a lot of red, hot passion in this book but it definitely left you wanting more.

The book is an easy, quick read and you feel like you have just gotten into it and then it ends, leaving you wanting more. The story line is intriguing and I am hoping that we find out more not only about Novalee but also the brotherhood as the books move along. Not necessarily a dark read in my opinion, but Heath is up next and it looks like he may be a hard taskmaster! Overall, a really enjoyable if short read!

ARC received for a fair and honest review.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment