Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: Tru Blue by Melissa Foster

Tru Blue Tru Blue by Melissa Foster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Melissa Forster is now one of my new favourite writers. I had this book for a while and never got around to reading it, but after I read Truly, Madly, Whiskey I knew that I had to read it and I wasn’t disappointed.

This story centres around Truman and Gemma. Truman is from a harsh background, non existent father, drug addicted mother and numerous siblings. Truman has just gotten out of jail (you’ll have to read the book to figure out what’s happened in the past to get him to where he is now) and gets a phone call from his estranged drug addicted younger brother, Quinten. Truman runs to his brother aid to find his mother in trouble and two young siblings which he didn’t know about. Due to the state that the children are in Truman takes them with him, thus starting the story of his life and his meeting Gemma in a store when he is trying to buy things for the children (which he knows nothing about).

Gemma works in a boutique store which caters to costumes for young girls but comes from a background of wealth and tragedy (father’s death) and a mother who is nothing but snarky and mean. Gemma is great and all she wants to do is look after Truman and his family, even amidst her own tragedies.

What I really liked about this story is that Truman and Gemma are not perfect, they have issues within their relationships (mainly due to lack of communication and outside influences) but they are such strong characters and their story ends with a happily ever after. It’s also nice to see the Whiskey family again (even though this is the first book which introduces them, I read them out of order). I can’t wait to see what happens with the Whiskey family and hope Truman and Gemma pop up to let us know how they’re getting on.

The writing style of Ms. Foster is so fluid that the story just flows from beginning to end. A definite romance recommend. now I just have to read all of her other books! 😀

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment