Thursday, August 15, 2019

Review: Grave Witch by Kalayna Price

Grave Witch Grave Witch by Kalayna Price
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kalayna Price is one of my favourite new authors. I feel like I’ve come to the party a little bit late where this author is concerned, and made it awkward but I’m going to stick around! I have to say that I really enjoyed Grave Witch; it has everything I wanted in a paranormal/urban romance featuring witches, fae and a little something different…Death.

Grave Witch centres around witch Alex Craft, a private investigator and consultant for the police who also seems to have a good relationship with the one and only Death (enter here a sexy, somewhat brooding character which you only get glimpses of in the book and are left wanting more…plus the last few chapters in the book left me going ‘what was that! What’s happening? I need some more of that!’ Enter a crime scene with a high profile murder, things that go bump in the night and attack and a police officer partner, Falin Andrews who is hiding some deep secrets and you have a recipe, well not for disaster but for some confusion, action and sassiness. 😈

This book pretty much grips you from the get go and you kind of want to skip pages to see what is going to happen next. Alex’s relationship with Falin is slow moving and has a ‘will they/ won’t they’ vibe to it which I quite liked, but I definitely want to know more about Death and his relationship with Alex, which is only briefly touched upon in this book.

Kalayna’s writing style is pretty fluid and descriptive so you can see and almost feel all of the creatures that Alex comes up against and there are definitely some scenes that are quite chilling, especially when Alex is in the morgue!

Overall, I really liked this book; it’s refreshing and has a different stance (I feel) on witches, fae and the politics that go with being classed as ‘different’ to everyone else. Give this book a try; I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment