Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: Debase by Rachel Van Dyken

Debase Debase by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG, OMG, OMG (hyperventilation and wheezing here!) this has to be one of my favourite Rachel Van Dyken books ever….it comes a close second to Chase’s story ‘Eulogy’ which barely left me hanging on by my fingernails.

Debase is the last book in the Eagle Elite series, but a new book in the Elite Bratva Brotherhood series and it focuses on Andrei Petrov (Yes! That Andrei Petrov). To understand this character a bit more, you definitely need to go back and take a look at the awesomeness which is the Eagle Elite series. There you’ll find out about all the other characters that pop in and out of Debase and understand where they are and what they mean in the story.

Andrei is like an angel who has fallen from heaven. Dark, brooding, hurting, anti-hero…..mafia man of sexiness. Enter Alice, number six thirty – two, a girl unlucky enough to be born with a forbidden name but strength of will and bravery that I think even surpasses Andrei’s. They make an intriguing couple; both having pasts that have left definitive scars but also a vulnerability which can be seen in certain scenes throughout this book.

As always, I love the secondary characters that make an appearance and it’s like catching up with a bloodthirsty Scooby gang, but you just have to know what’s going on in the Eagle Elite world….it’s like an addiction.

Debase is a book that I just couldn’t out down, and I have to say that I binge read it in a matter of hours….something which is quite normal for me when it comes to Rachel Van Dyken and her amazing storytelling. The books flow, have complex yet very human characters and the most amazing plot twists ever. If you like dark, mafia romances, then this book is the one for you. Blood in. No out.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment