Saturday, November 16, 2019

Review: Cathedral - Addison Cain

Cathedral Cathedral by Addison Cain
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐ stars

Cathedral by Addison Cane is a dark read which shows the story of Jade and Malcolm and what people or rather vampires will do to survive in a world set against them. The book starts out hot and heavy with Jade and her group of men that she must bed to produce the next heir, whilst fending off her sadistic father Darius. In the background is Malcolm trying to keep her safe (at least you think he is). This book has a lot of interesting twists and turns, characters that all have their own agenda and some very dark, raunchy scenes between jade and the various people that she must bed.

We also see into Jade’s memories on why she is the way she is and what she must do to survive, especially since she is seen as weak in the vampire work. It is hard to imagine her being so strong, sweet and fiercely independent when you read what has been done/what is being done to her. Malcolm is sort of an anti-hero as for me I never quite knew what side he was on and whether he had some ulterior motives.

This book was a good read for me and I feel that I should have read catacombs beforehand so that I understood what is going on. I definitely think that this book isn’t for everyone mainly die to its dark content which not everyone will appreciate. But if you like dark, twisted novels with no reprieve, then this is certainly the one for you.

ARC received for a fair and honest review.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment