Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Review: The Girlfriend Hoax - Jannat Bhat

The Girlfriend Hoax The Girlfriend Hoax by Jannat Bhat
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars

The Girlfriend Hoax by Jannat Bhat is a cute, easy read novella. The story focuses on Emma Duvall being coaxed into pretending to be her best friend Jo’s fake girlfriend at his sister’s wedding to make his ex-girlfriend jealous and thus getting her back. The only thing is that Emma has been in mad, passionate love with his brother Jake forever, who also happens to be at the wedding.

This book was funny, sweet and at points quite sad as Emma tries to figure out her feelings for Jake whilst having to deal with his aloofness. (There were definitely some Mr. Darcy moments I felt in this book) and also planning with Jo the big Indian wedding that his sister wanted. I really enjoyed reading about Emma as she was down to earth and relatable with her feelings for Jake. Her quirkiness made me laugh out loud at points (maybe we have a similar mindset).

Overall, this was a really enjoyable book and I can’t wait to see what else this author has to offer.

ARC received for a fair, honest and sometimes long review 😊

More of my reviews can be found on my blog:
http://thehotmesslibrary.blogspot.com



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment