Thursday, September 10, 2020

Review: Blood & Bones: Trip - Jeanne St. James

Blood & Bones: Trip Blood & Bones: Trip by Jeanne St. James
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars
 
Blood & Bones: Trip is book one in the new Blood & Bones: Fury MC by Jeanne St. James. As I haven’t read the previous series by this author, I was kind of going in blind but felt that it didn’t matter as these were completely new characters and there was enough of a backstory to let me know what was going on. The story focuses on Trip and Stella. Trip is the son of the former President of the Blood Fury MC and is trying to resurrect the club that his dad ultimately destroyed. After trying to turn his life around he heads back to where it all began, stumbling across Stella, a former MC child and owner of the local bar in Manning Grove…the place where it all began. 

The story is a build up of Trip and Stella building a relationship and Trip building his MC and getting people on his side. What I really liked about Trip was that he was rough and knew he had anger issues and was unapologetic about how he saw his life and what he had done. There were some serious moments between not only himself and Stella but also his brother when they all try and come to terms with the past.

Stella was an instant like character for me. She had endured so much and even though she was at the end of her rope, she just kept going. She tells Trip exactly what she thinks, and we see her struggle with becoming part of the MC again, especially when it had caused so many issues in the past.

As this was book one, I felt like you were just getting a feel for what the MC is going to look like as well as getting introduced to the characters (who all have a book I hope). It will be interesting to see how the story and MC develop, especially as they make their intentions known in a town that has a long memory. Overall, though, I really liked reading about Trip and Stella, two characters that know their own mind and are trying to navigate a new relationship which has a lot of skeletons in the closet.

There are a lot of sexy scenes in this book as well as some heart-breaking moments, but this MC is strong, and I can tell it’s going to be a new favourite series for me. 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment