Thursday, October 8, 2020

Review: Broken Kingdom - Ashley Jade

Broken Kingdom Broken Kingdom by Ashley Jade
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars
 
Wow! This is it, the final book in the Royal Hearts Academy series. This book is full of sheer angst, secrets coming to light and people trying to make the best of a bad situation. If you have read Wicked Princess, you will have had some background on what has happened to Bianca. Well hold onto your seats, her story is about to get far more real and reintroduce us back to Oakley and his journey to redemption.

I really enjoyed this story and for me it was Oakley who made it. Having read about him in the previous books, I was eagerly anticipating his story and what it would all mean. To say I was surprised, shocked and in awe was an understatement. For the whole book you see Oakley trying to be the better person while he holds onto a plethora of secrets and tries to win his girl back (all though a little bit begrudgingly to start with). I loved that we got so much backstory in this one of Bianca and his relationship and how some knots finally became unravelled and things started to make a little bit more sense.

I will say thought that Bianca is still not my favourite characters. I think she just got away with being a cruel human being a little bit too easily for me, although by the end of the book she certainly redeems herself. 

There is certainly a lot going on in this book, from the secrets that come to light regarding other characters as well as the love triangle between Bianca, Stone and Oakley (can we just say how crazy Stone’s mother comes across!) At times there are heart-breaking moments, especially when some hard truths come to light. At other times, you do get frustrated with characters as you can see them falling into old or rather safe patterns of behaviour. Overall, a great end to a great series! 

ARC received for a fair, honest and sometimes long review. All opinions are my own. 😊

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment