Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Review: Twice Bitten - Belle Harper

Twice Bitten Twice Bitten by Belle Harper
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars

Belle Harper is a new author for me and if Twice Bitten is anything to go by, she is going to be on my TBR list whenever something new comes out. Twice bitten follows the story of seventeen-year-old Alexis ‘Lexi’ Turner, runaway, foster kid and general butt kicker…. this girl is not scared to tell you what she thinks and will do anything to survive. When she is caught by the police and taken to a new foster home, she decides to hang around, after all, she has food, shelter and wants to finish school. But not everything is what it seems in her new town, what with every male sniffing her all of the time and acting weird…Lexi is about to find out just how different she is and maybe who she is!

This was a great reverse harem style paranormal book. I loved that all of the ‘harem’ males were different and that by the end of the book I’m actually left wanting to know more about Maverick, Ranger, Galen and Rafferty as they are all so unique and all bring something different to Lexi’s life. The fact that she fell hard for Raff and wanted to slowly explore her feelings with the rest of the guys was a plus for me as it made the character development just more believable. I also loved the snarkiness, jokes and sweetness of all of the characters, even when they were all trying to protect themselves as well as Lexi having moments of being a normal seventeen-year-old (i.e. sleepovers and teenage angst) which made her a more relatable character.

The book has certainly left me wanting to know more about what is going on with Lexi and where everyone fits into the story as of course there’s a cliff-hanger! Now I’m just going to have to wait to see what happens! A great read that I totally recommend!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment