Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Review: Dark Ties - Jamie Begley & Sarah Brianne

Dark Ties Dark Ties by Jamie Begley
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars

Dark Ties is an interwoven duet by mother and daughter duo Jamie Begley and Sarah Brianne. The book tells two different stories, one of Dante Caruso and Desmond Beck.

Dante Caruso’s story can be seen as book 9 in the Made Men series and focuses on Dante Caruso (father of Lucca, Nero, Maria and Leo). We see a more human side of Dante as he meets a new woman who although can sometimes be intimidated by him, also gives him some things to think about as well as trying to get him to see past the trauma of losing his wife and think about what he has now. It was nice seeing Dante in a different light and a bit more reflective. I would have liked a longer story, but I always feel that was about Ms. Brianne’s writing. I can’t wait to see who is next in the line up!

Desmond Beck’s story was also good. I hadn’t read previous books my Ms. Begley so I don’t know if that would make a difference on knowing Desmond a bit better and more about his background. This story was quite fast paced, and Desmond and Hailey try and figure out their relationship and how everyone was interconnected. Hailey was a bit of a nerd a suited Desmond well and also had her own issues which made her more relatable.

Overall, two good stories in the Mafia genre with some sexy scenes, some intrigue and some vulnerability.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment