Monday, April 6, 2020

Review: He Hates Me - Isabella Starling & Rina Kent

He Hates Me He Hates Me by Isabella Starling & Rina Kent
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐ stars

He Hates Me is part of a duet series by Isabella Starling and Rina Kent and is certainly not for the faint-hearted. The story focuses on the story between Georgina and Jasper and their relationship is certainly dark!

Jasper is a dark character to begin with before he meets Georgina. He is a killer for the Mafia and he likes death, almost reveling in it. After one of his kills and a warning to the kills family, he spots Georgina across the car park and is instantly infatuated with her, so much so that he starts following her and stalking her.

Georgina is a nurse but she seems to have a lot of darkness and secrets in her too. She quickly becomes infatuated with jasper and his darkness. Them both liking their dark, depraved kinks helps their ‘relationship’, but both harbor dark and twisted secrets which when come to light could change everything.

This book is definitely different from books that I have read by both of these authors. It wasn’t really my cup of tea but it did intrigue me. The relationship between Jasper and Georgina was difficult for me to get my head around as they both seemed to be playing a role which didn’t necessarily fit them. Even though they liked their kinks it bordered on a very uncomfortable edge for me and may certainly raise triggers for some readers.

The end of the book leaves a low of unanswered questions which I’m sure will come to light in book 2 and we may see more of a relationship between the two characters than a deep, dark infatuation that they both seem to have for each other…I’m sure they would both deny it though. This book was certainly different.

ARC received for a fair, honest and sometimes long review

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment